Planning a baby shower lets you indulge in a part of life that is definitely not an everyday occurrence.
Ok, there’s always expectant mothers around, and if you are in that category, you’re going to notice even more of them. When you have a baby bump, it seems as though half the population is in the same situation.
But when you’ve been out of that category for a while, maybe even a grandma, like me, you don’t tend to notice quite as many. That doesn’t mean you aren’t excited for them. And at times, you want to get in on the fun, too.
That’s where helping with the baby shower comes in. You can get that cozy pink-and-blue vibe back in your life for a little while.
The next few short posts on Kim & Ink will be tips on planning and hosting a baby shower. Today we’ll focus on one of the first steps: picking the theme.
Geometrics Baby Shower Theme
There are too many ideas to begin to list for baby shower themes, so we’ll focus on one, and give some ideas and details for creating this theme.
- Are you the only hostess? If there are several of you, the first step is planning a date to meet to do the planning.
- At your planning session, pick a date, time and place. Be sure to consult the new mother about her schedule, and then plan around that.
- Pick a theme. In this case, it will be the Geometrics Baby theme.
- When you have a theme picked out, it gets easier. I’m sorry, that’s not true. Picking a theme is actually the easiest part, because some themes have no easily purchased or DIYed props. This is where we come in with our Geometrics Baby theme. Lucky you.
- Now you have a place, date, time and theme. It’s time to order the shower invitations.
See you next time with some more ideas and planning steps!
Note: The source of the feature photo is http://www.yasminroohi.com/.